Residential Treatment Center
- Table of ContentsPrint
- Residential Inpatient vs. Outpatient
- The Benefits of Residential Addiction Treatment
- Finding the Right Residential Treatment Center
Substance abuse and drug addiction are complex issues. For many, drug or alcohol addiction is a chronic struggle, and relapses occur even after long periods of sobriety. Some people might be able to break a cycle of addiction on their own, but many will fare much better after seeking treatment of some kind. As no two people have identical addiction issues, addiction treatment approaches come in many forms. Successful treatment needs to address a number of issues that have been disrupted in the patient’s life.
Many factors will determine just what type of addiction treatment is sought, including:
- The need for detox (medically assisted or otherwise).
- The need for ongoing medical treatment, such as treatment of medical complications arising from drug overdose,
- The need for skills training for reintegration into a healthier family, work or social environment that will promote sobriety.
- The need for additional therapy to address any concurrent or dual diagnoses, such as major depressive disorder, anxiety, or bipolar disorder.
- The need for a thorough plan of aftercare to reinforce the progress made throughout early treatment.
Residential Inpatient vs. Outpatient
Many different addiction treatment modalities can be utilized on an outpatient basis. For some people, this is a great start in addressing a substance abuse problem. However, a real advantage that residential rehab centers have lies in their ability to incorporate some or all of the different treatment components in a single setting.
Furthermore, a residential or inpatient rehab program is able to provide care and administer a specialized treatment plan in a structured environment, 24 hours a day. Patients in residential addiction treatment centers are able to dedicate their full energies to recovery for the prescribed treatment duration. Ongoing progress assessments and treatment adjustments can be made, including an extension of treatment duration, should it be warranted.
If you or someone you love suffers from debilitating drug or substance abuse, residential treatment can help. Call our toll-free helpline at 1-888-744-0069 to get the confidential guidance you need. Treatment support specialists are available 24 hours a day/7 days a week to provide information that will help you choose the best course of treatment for your individual needs. Don’t let another day pass without treatment. Call our drug abuse helpline now.
Benefits of Staying in Treatment for an Adequate Period of Time
The Benefits of Residential Addiction Treatment
Those seeking residential treatment don’t usually meet the criteria for a hospital admission, but are committing to an extended stay in a facility that provides intensive services. These services are focused on a population of people with similar (but not identical) issues and, as such, can provide a tight-knit, supportive environment unlike that which might be experienced in an outpatient setting. Inpatient treatment programs provide a number of unique opportunities for individuals to explore the psychological issues and medical problems associated with drug abuse.
Those seeking residential treatment receive both traditional and innovative treatment options including the following:
- Thorough medical and psychological evaluation at the intake stage.
- Detox services with possible medical assistance to help patients through a period of withdrawal.
- Medical intervention, in some cases, to address the addiction itself, as well as any other medical or mental health concerns.
- Dual diagnosis treatment for those who are suffering from more than one substance abuse disorder, behavioral addictions, or psychiatric conditions.
- Private, safe living environment, free of the potential situational and environmental triggers that may have been reinforcing addiction.
- Targeted group and individual therapy.
- Nutritional counseling.
- Holistic treatment from some specialized residential treatment centers.
- Family therapy and skills training to make sure a patient has the most supportive environment possible when he or she leaves treatment.
- Aftercare treatment options including sober living arrangements, scheduled monitoring, regular continued counseling, and participation in recovery groups and/or meetings.
Finding the Right Residential Treatment Center
Finding a supportive and effective inpatient rehab center is key to a successful outcome in the recovery of drug or alcohol addiction.
Finding a supportive and effective residential treatment center is key to a successful outcome. When deciding upon the best center it is important to find an environment that is supportive of the patient’s individual unique needs and lifestyle.
Once a residential treatment center is found, each patient will be evaluated and a specific treatment program will be designed for his or her unique physical and psychological needs.
Questions to Ask Before Choosing Treatment
- Is it appropriately licensed? Are there treatment center reviews available to the public?
- Will my insurance coverage pay for treatment (in part or full)?
- Does it provide 24-hour medical supervision with qualified medical professionals?
- Are there extensive multi-faceted, specialty services?
- Are there accommodations for distinct demographic variables (e.g. male or female only, adolescent and teen programs, LGBT, etc.)?
- Does the staff respect each patient’s individual needs?
- Are private rooms available?
- Is executive treatment available (access to cell phones and computers)?
- Is it close to home? Is travel necessary or, in some cases, preferred?
- Does it provide a safe treatment environment?
Now is the time to seek residential treatment. Call our helpline today at 1-888-744-0069 for immediate assistance. The helpline is toll-free, confidential and manned by compassionate counselors standing by 24/7 to lend you a hand. Don’t put it off another minute – call now!
Prioritizing Treatment Searches
Research sourced by Recovery Brands in 2016 found that individuals leaving treatment valued a treatment program’s offerings (such as amenities, food, recreational activities, and the quality of housing) significantly more than when they entered treatment.
When searching for the right program, be sure to ask about the recreational options and other amenities that a program has in addition to the financial policies set in place. Find the right program now at 1-888-744-0069.