Does Aetna Cover Addiction Treatment in Connecticut?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires Aetna and other health insurance companies to provide coverage for substance abuse services such as alcohol and drug treatment.2 Health benefits & coverage Coverage must include behavioral health treatment, mental and behavioral inpatient services, and psychotherapy and counseling. Coverage amounts differ per person. After choosing the rehabilitation center where you will seek treatment, you can contact that center directly to discuss payment and specific insurance coverage options.
What types of drug and alcohol rehab does Aetna cover in Connecticut?
Aetna of Connecticut provides coverage for several different types of addiction treatment.These options include:4 Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Detoxification. Alcohol- and drug-dependent clients undergo detoxification in these outpatient programs. Medical risk factors from a patient’s other illnesses are also considered along with this treatment.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs). In PHPs, patients receive 4 to 8 hours of treatment during the day and are allowed to return home at night. Another key component of these programs is participation in self-help groups like Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Inpatient or residential rehabilitation. Patients receive 24-hour supervision for the management of both medical and psychiatric conditions while they work on their addiction recovery. This type of rehab typically focuses on chemical dependency treatment. Once patients show marked improvement and are stable, they can move to outpatient care to continue treatment.
- Intensive outpatient treatment (IOP). In an IOP, a patient attends treatment 3 to 5 times each week for several hours, often in the evening to participate in self-help groups. One advantage of intensive outpatient programs is that patients can continue to work while attending.
Does Aetna Cover Co-Occurring Disorders in Connecticut?
Sometimes, substance use disorders occur alongside a mental health issue in what’s known as a co-occurring disorder. Mental health issues may include:5 Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Disorders
- Anxiety disorders.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Bipolar disorder.
Check Your Policy Coverage
With the form below you can quickly and privately check your insurance benefits to see if you're covered for addiction treatment services. We'll be able to tell you if your policy is in-network at an American Addiction Centers location.
How to Use Aetna for Rehab in Connecticut
Aetna of Connecticut has very comprehensive insurance plans that you can utilize for drug and alcohol rehabilitation and treatment. Several treatment centers in Connecticut are in the Aetna network. American Addiction Centers (AAC) can provide you with the needed tools to verify your specific Aetna Connecticut coverage. We have helped many people get back on the right track. You can speak with an AAC admissions navigator by calling our helpline at 1-702-847-7887, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Drug & Alcohol Rehab Facilities that Accept Aetna
- Laguna Treatment Hospital.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center.
- Adcare Hospital.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center.
- Oxford Treatment Center.
- Recovery First Treatment Center.
- River Oaks Treatment Center