Does Blue Cross Blue Shield Cover Addiction Treatment in Florida?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) allowed people struggling with a mental health or substance use disorder to seek treatment without being discriminated against by their insurance company. 2(top) The ACA puts requirements on the insurers that state they must not deny someone for a substance use treatment claim.2(top)
What does this mean for someone who is considering using BCBS for rehab in Florida? You can contact the facility and begin the admissions process. An admissions navigator will provide insurance verification for you while you wait.
Which BCBS Plans in Florida Cover Addiction Treatment?
BCBS of Florida offers a range of plans that can assist you with addiction treatment. Options include individual and family plans as well as a Medicare option. Members can choose from the following type of BCBS plans:3(top)
- Florida Blue HMO plans (BlueCare plans, myBlue plans, myBlue Connected Care Plans)3(halfway)
- Florida Blue PPO plans (BlueOptions plans and BlueSelect plans)3(halfway)
What Types of Drug and Alcohol Rehab Does BCBS Cover in Florida?
Your treatment plan must be created with a professional healthcare provider who is experienced in working with substance misuse. Each person has unique treatment needs that the provider will address when designing the right plan for you. Some of the addiction treatment in Florida that may be covered by BCBS includes the following:
- Inpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Partial outpatient program (PHP)
- Sober living
Check Your Policy Coverage
With the form below you can quickly and privately check your insurance benefits to see if you're covered for addiction treatment services. We'll be able to tell you if your policy is in-network at an American Addiction Centers location.
How to Use Blue Cross Blue Shield for Rehab in Florida
There are several steps one can take to begin using their Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance to cover treatment in Florida.
- Talk to your doctor. They may have helpful information about Florida rehabs that take BCBS.
- Contact your insurance agent. They can explain your policy details and what you can expect.
- Research rehab facilities in Florida. Comparing options will help you find one that can meet your substance use needs.
- Contact rehab facilities in Florida. By contacting rehab centers, you can determine your insurance eligibility and other payment options.
- Work with the Admissions Navigator. When you contact a rehab center, an Admissions Navigator will verify your insurance and start the admissions process.
Drug & Alcohol Rehab Facilities that Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has top-rated substance use facilities nationwide, including in Florida. You can contact AAC, and an admissions navigator will guide you through the process of finding addiction treatment covered by BCBS.