High Watch Recovery Center
62 Carter Road, Kent, Connecticut, 06757
High Watch Recovery Center is dedicated to seeing the disease of addiction go into remission for each individual who passes through our door. We are committed to providing compassionate care as we integrate the latest breakthroughs in addiction medicine alongside the spiritual teachings of AA’s 12 Steps to give all patients the tools and foundation to live sober after leaving High Watch.
- The world's first 12-step treatment center with a culture of compassionate care, dignity and respect.
- Each client is assigned an experienced 12-Step coach to work with in a one on one setting.
- Every resident receives an individual bio-psycho-social evaluation.
Holistic TherapyFacilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.
Family ProgramResearch shows that the odds of successful, sustained recovery from addiction are far higher when family members and loved ones are involved in treatment. Drug and alcohol addiction often have genetic roots, whether related to substance abuse, mental illness or both. Family dynamics also play a role and, often, family members are the first to realize a loved one has developed an addiction. Also, it’s important for family members to understand and embrace the lifestyle changes that are required to sustain recovery.
Meet the Staff
- Jerry SchwabPresident & CEOJerry has over twenty years of experience as an executive with non-profit healthcare organizations. Prior to joining High Watch, Jerry was the Executive Director of a Connecticut-based emergency medical service provider. Jerry is a licensed paramedic and served for many years as the President and Chairman of a large non-profit paramedic service in Southern Connecticut. He also serves on the State of Connecticut Alcohol & Drug Policy Council.
- Robert SchwarzVice President of AdmissionsRob has been with High Watch since 2007 and ensures that individuals in need of assistance can be placed with us immediately. He works directly with guests, their families and caregivers to navigate the insurance approval process and to make arrangements for self-paying individuals.
- Financing available