Novus Medical Detox Center
9270 Royal Palm Ave., New Port Richey, Florida, 34654
Novus is the optimum place for someone to begin their healing process from their addiction or dependency. Novus individually tailors their detox program to each patient's exacting needs and requirements. We use a holistic approach which takes into account all facets of the addiction, including the patient's history, body metabolism, current health and existing circumstances. Accomplished in a relaxed spa-like environment that is medically supervised 24/7, we provide the highest standard of competent and experienced professional care. In addition, we utilize state-of-the-art medical protocols and evidence-based integrative medicine, along with our innovative proprietary nutritional IVs and supplements, all designed to speed the body's healing process.
- Individualized Programs, Medically Monitored 24/7
- Specializing in Comfortable Detox for even the Highest Dosage Cases
- Medical and Nutritional Adjustments Made as Needed Throughout the Program
Residential TreatmentResidential treatment programs provide housing (food and meals) in addition to treatment for substance abuse. Some facilities offer only short-term residential treatment, some offer only long-term treatment and others offer both, ranging from a few days to many months, based on patient needs.
Medical DetoxificationDrugs and alcohol have widespread effects throughout your body, including but not limited to the addiction and/or physical/psychological dependence that develops with substance abuse over time. Many organ systems are affected by addiction and will react to withdrawal. The term “medical detoxification” means that there is a trained and licensed medical professional onsite to monitor your vital signs and protect your physical and emotional health as your body goes through withdrawal.
Meet the Staff
- Dr. Brent AginMedical DirectorDr. Agin, our medical director, is board certified in Family Medicine. He attended medical school at the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine. He completed his internship and residency at the University of South Florida College of Medicine. Experienced in counseling and detoxification for both illicit drugs and prescription medications, Dr. Agin is one of a very select group of physicians certified in buprenorphine therapy. His research in nutrition and vitamin therapy supports an important component of our detox program.
- Kent RunyonDirectorKent has over 20 years of management experience and over 15 years of executive level experience developing and leading accredited social services programs addressing diverse human needs including addiction, homelessness, poverty, trauma, and family reunification. He came to Novus drawn by its mission and vision to help others and to pursue excellence in the field of recovery. He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Ball State University and later received his Masters Degree in Management from Indiana Wesleyan University. He also completed a two year certified Executive Leadership Program sponsored by the University of Notre Dame - Mendoza College of Business.